M-FILES has launched the latest version of its document management suite, M-FILES v10.2. This version brings many new features and improvements, for example:
- Enhancements to the browser interface to optimize the daily use of M-Files on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- A new indexing page that makes it easier to creat and edit indexes, documents and objects.
- Document preview in the browser interface without needing to open another program. The preview feature is compatible with all common document formats, such as PDF and Microsoft Office formats.
- Authentication by Public Shared Key (PSK): The shared key is a simple, independent and secure solution that allows users to access M-Files folders remotely and provides remote access to authorized devices. This adds an authentication step when connecting and enables secure remote connections without having to deploy a VPN.
Other major improvements to M-Files 10.2
- Compatibility with AutoCAD LT 2015 SP1
- Properties grouped on the metadata record
- Single sign-on (SSO) for the current Windows user in the Web Services M-Files API
- Compatibility with AlwaysOn Availability Groups in SQL Server groups.
Find out all about M-Files on Your DMO!