After the WorkCentre 7830, 7835, 7845 and 7855, now it's the entry-level color A3 range from Xerox's turn to get the new ConnectKey software platform. Upgrades from the WorkCentre 7120 / 7125 launched in 2010 and 2011 respectively, the Xerox WorkCentre 7220 / 7225 have all the features common to all ConnectKey devices, notably:
- WiFi connectivity as an option
- McAfee protection (see our article, March 2013)
- the option to scan straight to the cloud (Office 365, Dropbox or even to SalesForce.com)
- compatibility with Xerox Mobile Print Solution, Xerox Mobile Print Cloud (both are options) and Xerox PrintBack (standard)
- the remote control panel, which puts the copier control panel on any workstation to help with user training and device setup
Also new on this range of machines, the feature for users to correct colors using the PostScript driver and the Color by Words feature. This was not available on the WorkCentre 7120 / 7125, and represents an additional argument for taking the PostScript option.
All the specifications of these new machines will be available on Your DMO very shortly.